Does the Bible feel too intimidating and complex? Does understanding it feel impossible, so you don’t even try? In this six-week study, we want to help you understand why the Bible is the greatest tool we have. We want to open your eyes to the way the Old Testament and New Testament connect and show you the purpose of each book of the Bible.
We are so glad you picked out this study! This six-week study guide was created for you to use on your own or in a group. Throughout the study, you will find reflection questions for your own personal time of study and you will find group questions as well. Use these questions to facilitate conversation within your small group and dig deeper into each week’s topic.
- Videos: The videos are a tool to help unpack the weekly topic of the study. Watch the video at the start of each week. We encourage you to watch and discuss the videos as a small group before diving into the daily reading.
- The PDF (or web page): This is where you will find the daily reading and reflection questions. This can all be found in two places:
In the PDF. This is the most effective format for groups. If you need one or more copies, head to shoppe.ifgathering.com.
IFequip.com. This is our web-based version of the study. Each devotional is added daily. If you access the study through this site, your group members will need to keep journals to write down their answers each day, so they can refer to them during group discussion.
Note: If you are leading a group, it can be helpful to plan an “intro” group meeting to give an overview of the study format and schedule before diving in. This also gives your group members time to get to know one another.
Typical Weekly Schedule:
- Get together with your group to watch the video. After week one, review what you learned through the daily readings from the previous week before watching the video.
- Go over the discussion questions in the Leader’s Guide with your group.
- Do the week’s reading and questions on your own (there are five days of content for each week).
How to Access the Weekly Videos:
Watch on RightNow Media.
- Log in to your RightNow Media account and search “IF:Gathering” to find the How to Read Your Bible video series.
- If you do not have a RightNow Media account, go to rightnowmedia.org/ifgathering to access the videos for free through an exclusive RightNow Media and IF:Gathering resource library. After creating an account, log in and search “How to Read Your Bible” to watch the series.
Watch on ifequip.com or on the IF:Gathering mobile app.